Monday 20 January 2014

Camp Kodiak

Title of my artwork is Camp Kodiak.

We had to create a surrealism photo (surrealism is something that is fake but looks real and creates something real from our unconsciousness) for our teacher Ms. Silverman in Photoshop CS6.

I decided to create a picture from memory of going to a camp called Camp Kodiak for 3 days. This moment in my life means a lot to me because I made some new friends on this trip. I made connections with people and really made close bonds with some of my other classmates. Most importantly for me I saw the world in a different way. One night I just looked up at the stars, that was when for first time I had ever seen so many. Seeing all those stars up in the sky made me feel like I escaped society and was now free. It was just a very happy memory for me. It changed my perception towards the world. It made me realize how beautiful the night sky really is.

I added the starry background to show their real beauty of the night. I made the trees stretch up towards the sky because I wanted to show how there tall and free to grow, that they have no limit. I made the image black and white to create the feeling of a peaceful dark night feeling. The foxes represent my friends and I discovering the camp. I chose the fox to represent me, I have a lot of the same qualities. The foxes are there in the forest admiring the beauty of the starry sky and the nature around them. The frame is like a magic viewer that sees the mysteries of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment