Thursday 12 December 2013

MoMA Artwork


                                                                     Black In Place

Artist's name: Susan Rothenberg 
Date: 1976 
Medium used: Synthetic polymer paint and tempera on canvas.
Dimensions: 68 1/4" x 7' 1 1/2" (174 x 217.2 cm) 
I like her style of artwork because I find this artwork very comforting to look at. The colours work well with each other and create the feeling of safety. I think that the horse having no expression adds to the artwork and the horse. I like the sketchy rough kind of look and how the paint looks rough to create the feeling of texture. 



Black Beast II 
Date: 1957
Medium used: Painted on sheet steel 
Dimensions: 8' 9'' x 11' x 6' 5'' (266.7 x 335.3 x 195.6 cm) 
I really like this artwork because it so interesting to look at. I like how the creature is very mysterious and looks to be unpredictable. I really like the background it looks very foggy and clouded, you don't really know what out there. I like the sharp edges on the creature it create a really interesting effect of danger. I like that you can't really tell what this shape or creature really is, it creates a lot of visual interest for the viewer. 


Study of a Baboon
Artist's name: Francis Bacon
Date: 1953
Medium used: Oil on canvas
Dimension: 6' 6 1/8'' x 54 1/8'' (198.3 x 137.3 cm) This painting is really cool to look at because of how detailed the baboon really is, it looks like the artist put a lot of effort in creating this animal. The large fence creates a feeling of industrialism, it creates the feeling of human society and how human's keep animals in captivity. I love how the artist created the tall grass it looks like its swaying in the wind. I like how the baboon stands out from everything else the colurs work really well with each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment